We love this quote below:
…..the someone you love can even be yourself!
…..something to do can be as simple as loving your body and working it out everyday!
…..it’s always fun to plan ahead and look forward to seeing a loved one, going on a trip, or even an exciting advancement in your career.
Did you know that the clothes you wear say a lot about you? They can reveal glimpses of your mood, your priorities, your value system, and your occupation. I thought it would be fun this week to share some information about colors and their effect:
1) Vogue: Can Wearing bright colors improve your mood?
2) Everyday Health: What your clothing choice says about you
3) Huffington Post: 10 ways color affects your mood
What is your favorite color to wear? I always turn to ________!
Be conscious of how you feel. Check in with yourself throughout the day and be aware of your mood and how your body feels.
“What you’re thinking about is what you’re becoming”
Let’s face it, we all know that exercise is important— reduces stress, lowers cholesterol, makes us feel sexier ( just to name a few benefits) — and that we should exercise regularly, but why is it so hard to motivate yourself sometimes? How can you possibly make time in your busy schedule?
Tip: Online workouts!
– For the Yoga lover: MyYogaWorks Online
– All workouts: Grokker
– Easy to Navigate with top trainers: Radius Fitness
- Do I make take moments to breathe during the day?
We live in a society where everything is fast paced. Family, emails, friends, work, deadlines…..
It’s important to take moments for yourself every day and focus on your breath. You can call it meditation or even just taking “moments” but 3 times a day take about 5-10 minutes to center yourself and connect with your breath and body.
Why? A recent study revealed a correlation between meditation and improved attention span, as well as a reduction in age-related cognitive decline, it is also good for your heart and stress levels.
Check out Dr. Winick’s article on Mind Body Green which talks about the importance of breathing through your nose.
Mindful Monday, have you checked in today?
We love these “10 reasons” why you should drink more water from Mind Body Green.
We all know the phrase ‘you are what you eat‘ but do you apply this to your life?
This week I encourage everyone to be conscious of what they are putting in their mouth. Show your body you care and love it by feeding it fuel to make it function at it’s best.
- Prep! It’s all about have the right food around you. We love this advice for weekly meals from DailyBurn.
- Balance and Moderation. You want that cookie? Have a bite but don’t go crazy and overindulge. Your diet should be one of abundance of fresh organic fruits and vegetables not depravation.